Image Map

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

We were going around the dining room table last night asking each other questions over dinner. My husband asked us all what our favorite treat/dessert was. The kids rattled off brownies, and doughnuts, then I said my most FAVORITE treat, is COOKIES! 

I know, I'm weird. Most people want cheese cake, ice cream, ice cream cheesecake, and while all those are SCRUMPTIOUS, I am a classic cookie girl. I love a glass of ice cold milk with warm cookies. Give me ANY cookie WITHOUT FRUIT like Raisins and I am one happy girl. 
Don't get me wrong, I love dried fruit on it's own, but it DOES NOT belong in a cookie, don't taint perfection.

So then, after dinner and dishes were done, I had MAJOR cookie brain, and I had to make some! I have never found the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie recipe I could claim as "THE BEST." So I looked up a new one and thought I would give it a try, who knew this lady named Betty Crocker would have the best one!? ( Ha ha.) I based my recipe on hers with two minor tweaks that truly make these PERFECT!


Brooklyn and Betty's PERFECT Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. Granulated Sugar
3/4 c. Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 c. Butter softened
1/2 c. Oil    (I use Olive Oil)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 egg
_______________
2 1/4 c. Flour  (If you live in a hight altitude place like me, add an extra 1 T. flour)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2 bag of Chocolate Chips (about 1 c.)

Optional - 1/2 c. Chopped Nuts
________________

Preheat oven to 350

Mix sugars, butter, oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.

Add and mix flour, baking soda and salt. (Dough will be stiff)

Fold in Chocolate chips and nuts

Place on a parchment paper lined or a greased cookie sheet. 
Place by rounds 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden edges start to appear. 

Take out of the oven and cool for a couple minutes on the pans -  then use a spatula and place them on a cooling rack.


DEVOUR with a cold glass of milk! DELISH!



http://cookandcraftmecrazy.blogspot.com/2013/01/cookies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment